Texas Brony Group
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes

+6
Cypresswolf
Thunderbolt
TrendieMan
The Last Applelord
Saxybeast
Angelface
10 posters

Go down

New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes Empty New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes

Post  Angelface Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:05 am

I'm putting this out here right now, so we can talk about the episode after we see it tomorrow. SPOILERS AHEAD! The description of this episode is: "Pinkie Pie tries babysitting the Cakes' twin toddlers but finds it harder than she thought."
Angelface
Angelface
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes Empty Re: New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes

Post  Saxybeast Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:25 am

SPOILER ALERT FROM THE FUTURE
Spoiler:
Saxybeast
Saxybeast
Rainbow Dash

http://mhilton215.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes Empty Re: New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes

Post  Angelface Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:28 am

More spoilers from the future! XD
Spoiler:
Angelface
Angelface
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  Saxybeast Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:30 am

I do have a theory. I think the mystery pony from the last episode is one of the cake kids, and they put him in the previous episode to make him recognizable.
Saxybeast
Saxybeast
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  Angelface Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:31 am

Ooh, that's smart. I think you're right.
Angelface
Angelface
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  Saxybeast Sat Jan 14, 2012 1:32 am

just a theory, though. and we have 8 hours before we find out whether I'm right or wrong.

Last edited by Saxybeast on Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling correction)
Saxybeast
Saxybeast
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  The Last Applelord Sat Jan 14, 2012 11:22 am

Theory is now proven wrong.
The Last Applelord
The Last Applelord
Gilda

Back to top Go down

Post  TrendieMan Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:10 pm

good episode, complete with a (kind of) song. There were definitely parts of songs in there, and then that oink thing...
The flour gag was pretty good in my opinion :3
and is it just me, or does pinkie... feel different in season 2?

...nurse pony is best pony.
TrendieMan
TrendieMan
Admin

http://TrendieMan.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Saxybeast Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:13 pm

Just watched it. Yes my theory is disproved, but it was still a good episode. Tom and Jerry-esque slapstic makes me happy. Also, I really dug the parody of "Brazil" they used for the background music.

Also, the scene where Pinky is trying to find the kids will haunt my nightmares.
Saxybeast
Saxybeast
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  Thunderbolt Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:36 pm

Good Pinkie episode, but I hate babies. Honestly, they annoy the living crap out of me. I can see why Pinkie wouldn't want to do it again.
Thunderbolt
Thunderbolt
Cutie Mark Crusader

http://ask-thunderbolt.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypresswolf Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:30 pm

Just watching the episode now...

How is it possible Pound Cake can fly after just a few hours, while Scootaloo still can't?

Rainbow Dash, in flashback, at Scootaloo's age was flying circles around her class in Cloudsdale. Does this imply that Scootaloo may possibly not have the ability to fly? That could be why she zips around on the scooter. Hopefully either this season or S3, we'll have a Scootaloo episode to answer some questions.

Random thoughts:

Those diaper changing scenes...O_o I'm VERY greatful I have HANDS!!! cheers

Pumpkin & Pound's expression during Pinkie's "Oink Oink Oink" song just screams - "That was the worst performance we've ever seen!"

The Shining reference! Twisted Evil That could have also been a Pet Cemetary reference. I kept thinking of the line "I already played with Mommy. Now I want to play with YOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!" when Pinkie looked up to see Pound walking on the ceiling. pale

Cypresswolf
Cypresswolf
Rarity

Back to top Go down

Post  TheKansasOne Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:05 am

Am I the only one who caught the Steven Wright reference? "I spilled spot remover on dog. Now, he's gone."

Also the explanation of the unicorn/pegasus twins was quite humorous.
He shifts his eyes...inferring?
TheKansasOne
TheKansasOne
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  TrendieMan Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:54 am

Cypresswolf wrote:
The Shining reference! Twisted Evil That could have also been a Pet Cemetary reference. I kept thinking of the line "I already played with Mommy. Now I want to play with YOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!" when Pinkie looked up to see Pound walking on the ceiling. pale

I believe it is closer related to trainspotting, its about a guy going through heroin withdrawals(i think)

TrendieMan
TrendieMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Flora_Fire Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:24 am

That was just the cutest thing ever >w< Oh and Pound n Pumpkin Cake are a month old by that time, using majyks n flying n stuff. They are so cute, i love them forever now :33
Flora_Fire
Flora_Fire
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Cypresswolf Sun Jan 15, 2012 2:38 am

TrendieMan wrote:
I believe it is closer related to trainspotting, its about a guy going through heroin withdrawals(i think)

affraid *expletive deleted*

I've never seen that movie. Damn, that's a bad trip
Cypresswolf
Cypresswolf
Rarity

Back to top Go down

Post  TrendieMan Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:59 pm

Cypresswolf wrote:
TrendieMan wrote:

affraid *expletive deleted*

I've never seen that movie. Damn, that's a bad trip

neither have I, nor do I plan to. Looks just a little too... iunno.. for me.
TrendieMan
TrendieMan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Saxybeast Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:06 pm

Several horror movies have people crawling on ceilings, I think the scene is just based off the fact the people crawling on ceilings is generally creepy (unless of course it's spiderman)
Saxybeast
Saxybeast
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  DanMacintosh Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:40 am

I loved the episode all in all! I have no major complaints about it.

I do sense more 'ponies in diapers' pics cropping up because of the episode, though. (whether that be a good or bad thing)
DanMacintosh
DanMacintosh
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Saxybeast Mon Jan 16, 2012 1:54 am

which reminds me, pinkie never put new diapers on the babies, that kinda bothered me
Saxybeast
Saxybeast
Rainbow Dash

Back to top Go down

Post  Animaven Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:28 pm

New Episode Discussion Thread: January 14th - Baby Cakes Whatha12
I'm just saying...
Animaven
Animaven
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down